Crown Chakra Meditation: Continue opening, cleansing, strengthening and healing
The crown chakra is the seventh chakra of the seven main chakras. It stands for the divine connection and union and for finding the light on the earth. The Sahasrara, unlike the other chakras, can not be activated and opened by meditation. Instead, it opens from a certain level of consciousness, activating the so-called Kundalini, through an act of grace. With activated crown chakra the meditation with this energy center is very important and recommendable, before it plays only an insignificant role in the chakra meditation, The main purpose of the meditation task of the Seventh Chakra is to consciously and subconsciously accept and fulfil the divine purpose and connection for our soul and body here on earth.
Meditation: Activate Crown Chakra
Go to a quiet, undisturbed place where you like to be. Take a comfortable meditation posture, preferably the lotus or cross-legged. Relax your body and breathe in and out a few times.
- Now gently focus your attention on the seat of your crown chakra.
- Imagine that you were looking through a window at the soft morning sun. The room where the window is is your body, the window is your crown chakra.
- The clear light falls through your crown chakra, the window into you, your body and exudes a pleasant, soothing feeling – it calms your thoughts and feelings, gives you inner clarity and harmony.
- Let go more and more and relax deeply into the soft light that fills and brightens your inner space.
- Feel how it solves all tensions, feel the feeling of liberation and healing.
- Stay with these feelings for a few minutes with these feelings.
- Now rub your palms together, put them on your face and relax your facial muscles.
- Bend your upper body forward so that your forehead touches the ground. Lay your arms relaxed next to your head on the floor. Relax your head and your face as deep as you can.
- Then sit up slowly and open your eyes in your own time.
Meditation: Opening, strengthening and healing the crown chakra
Duration: about 5 to 10 minutes
This meditation works with earth energies. This is especially useful at the beginning, to achieve a powerful but also organic and gentle opening of the chakras and not to lift too much. But it is also possible to simply take energy from the cosmos through your field if that feels more natural to you.
If you feel safe with this meditation and your own energy, instead of working with the earth, you can work with the 8th chakra and the crown chakra and breathe the energy into your chakras from there. (see: Chakra Compensation) If you like to work with visualizations, you can, for example, imagine a sun over your head.
Preparation of meditation
Head to a calm, soothing place in the lotus flower or cross-legged position, place your hands palm-down on your knees and exhale and inhale three times. Be sure to take a straight posture.
Concentration on the crown chakra
- Imagine how long roots grow into the soil, how to connect to the earth. Feel the power and the support that flows from this connection to you
- Keep this idea within you until a deep sense of rootedness and stamina expands within you
Breathing into the crown chakra
- Focus your attention on the seat of your crown chakra on your crown. Breathe in deeply and consciously through the nose, imagine as you inhale, how the energy flows up in you, the exhalation, the energy flows down again.
- Become aware that the whole universe is made of light, so are you.
- As you breathe in, you breathe white, pure light through the root chakra into your sacral chakra, through the solar plexus macaque to your crown chakra. Concentrate after a few breaths only on your crown chakra.
- As you exhale, this light flows through your field and the chakras back to the universe.
- Feel how the lower chakras fill with light, passing it on to the next chakra until it eventually expands more and more in your crown chakra.
Completing the meditation
- If you feel that the maximum extent has been reached, finish your meditation
- Lay your hands in front of your chest and thank the universe for its energy.
- If you want to do more Chakra work then you can now go to Root Chakra Meditation and skip the next point.
- Open your eyes at a comfortable pace and slowly become aware of your surroundings.
Crown chakra meditation with mudra, mantra and singing bowls
- For this meditation use the Mudra for the crown chakra. Cross your hands, only the ring fingers touch at the fingertips and point upwards.
- Focus your attention on the seat of your crown chakra on your crown. Take a deep breath and start breathing the sound OM with the exhalation. Repeat this 15-20 times and inhale consciously through the nose, imagine as you inhale how the energy in you flows up high, the exhalation, the energy flows down again.
- Singing Bowl: The accompanying listening to a swinging singing bowl especially for the crown chakra, of course, best in real, but also as mp3, is a great support for the meditation.
Exercise to cleanse and sensitize the crown chakra
In the morning, pour 1-2 litres of lukewarm water over the seat of your crown chakra, preferably with a water jug or under the shower. Relax in the feeling of water on your head and feel it flow down your face and body.
Of course, this exercise does not really have any direct impact on the crown chakra, but it can contribute to energetic relaxation in this area and so indirectly influence the crown chakra.