Forehead Chakra Meditation: Opening, Purifying, Strengthening and Healing
The forehead chakra is the sixth chakra of the seven main chakras. It stands for an opening to one’s own soul and allowing the soul to express itself as completely as possible in and through our lives. Since no one on earth is likely to fully express his soul, meditation for the third eye is an important part of chakra meditation.
Meditation: Activate forehead chakra
Duration: approx. 15 minutes
- Sit in a comfortable, upright position.
- Now close your eyes and go deeper into the relaxation with each breath.
- Feel your body, your energy field and the contact to the earth.
- Allow yourself to be carried, let go.
- Breathe for a while and let yourself fall deeper and deeper into your own energy until you are completely with yourself.
- Now bring your attention gently into the room in and around your head.
- Let go of all focus, allow your consciousness to rest far and clear in this mind space.
- Release all tension on your forehead, instead gently bring your mind to the center of your head and let it rest there.
- Take a quality crystal-clear clarity that pervades your whole mind-space.
- Allow all energetic tensions to dissolve more and more with each exhalation in this clarity, let go of everything that is not clarity.
- Keep stretching yourself into that clarity, let all focus go, relax your mind completely.
- Realize that clarity, light and presence are your true nature and how your inner space fills with awareness, peace and alertness.
- After a few breaths, finish your meditation and slowly become aware of your surroundings.
Meditation: Open, strengthen and heal the forehead chakra
Duration: about 10 to 15 minutes
This meditation works with the earth energies. This is especially useful at the beginning, to achieve a powerful but also organic and gentle opening of the chakras and not to lift too much. But it is also possible to simply take energy from the cosmos through your field, if that feels more natural to you.
If you feel safe with this meditation and your own energy, instead of working with the earth, you can work with the 8th chakra and the crown chakra and breathe the energy into your chakras from there. (see: Chakra Compensation) If you like to work with visualizations, you can, for example, imagine a sun over your head.
Preparation of meditation
Go to a quiet, undisturbed place where you like to be. Sit either in the lotus position or in the cross-legged position. Lay your hands palm-down on your knees. (You can also use the traditional mudra – see below). Make sure you keep your posture as straight as possible. Close your eyes now.
Concentration on the forehead chakra
Begin to breathe in and out deeply. Observe your breath until you feel inner peace.
Imagine how, starting from your root chakra, long energetic roots grow into the ground, creating a connection to the earth. Feel the power and the support that flows from this connection to you.
Keep this idea within you until a deep sense of rootedness and stamina expands within you.
Become aware that the whole universe is made of energy and light, so are you.
Feel the energy in the space of your root chakra, allow all sensations, just feel.
Imagine inhaling to let the elemental force of the earth flow into your pelvic floor. Feel how this energy. in your pelvic floor area expands more and more in deep red light.
As you exhale release more and more tension in this area.
Repeat this for a few breaths until a feeling of lightness sets in.
- Now let the energy flow from the space of your pelvic floor from the root chakra over the following chakras to the space of your front chakra.
Breathing into the forehead chakra
With each breath, the light in your root chakra grows into a beautiful red sphere of light and in your forehead chakra to a blue sphere of light. Your chakras begin to radiate from within. Feel the subtle nuances of energy here.
- Feel your root chakra and your forehead chakra fill up with light and continue to expand.
Completing the meditation
- If you feel that the maximum extent has been reached, finish your meditation.
- Put your hands in the heart area, feel your heart energy and thank the universe.
- If you want to do more Chakra work then you can now go to the Crown Chakra Meditation and skip the next point.
Open your eyes at a comfortable pace and slowly become aware of your surroundings.
Brow chakra meditation with mudra, mantra and singing bowls
You can also combine this meditation with meditation for opening.
Duration: about 5 to 10 minutes
For this mediation use the Mudra for the forehead chakra. The thumb and middle finger touch on the tips, the other fingers touch on the phalanges (see picture).
Focus your attention on the seat of your forehead chakra between your eyebrows. Take a deep breath and start breathing the sound of KSHAM with the exhale. Repeat this 15-20 times and make sure that you breathe through the mouth into the stomach.
Feel your root chakra and your forehead chakra fill up with light and continue to expand.
Meditate in this way about 5-10 minutes.
- Open your eyes at a comfortable pace and slowly become aware of your surroundings.
- Singing Bowl: The accompanying listening to a swinging singing bowl especially for the front chakra, of course, best in real, but also as mp3, is a great support for the meditation.