Meditation Throat Chakra : Instructions for opening, purifying, strengthening and healing the 5th main chakra (Vissudha). Mudra, mantra and music for meditation.
Chakra meditation: opening, cleansing, strengthening and healing
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra of the seven main chakras. The Throat Chakra (Vissudha) stands for the expression of the soul, the higher truth and our individuality. For people who have not yet found their vocation, suppress it, or who are not able and willing to express themselves properly in their tasks, chakra meditation is an important exercise in chakra meditation.
Meditation: Activate the throat chakra
Breathing exercise to activate the throat chakra.
Duration: approx. 15 minutes
- Stand upright, legs shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent
- Go with the attention to your larynx
- Breathe deeply through the nose for 5-10 minutes.
- Narrow your larynx a little so that your breath sounds like deep sleep
- Pay close attention to your breath sounds
- Now, with your inhalation, rest your arms on your knees, tilt your upper body slightly forward, and push your chin down to your sternum
- Hold this position as long as it feels good and release it when the pulse comes to exhale
- Repeat this as often as it feels good for you
- Feel your throat chakra, breathe pure, clear energy into your throat chakra
- With each inhalation, you put more energy into the throat chakra, with each exhalation it expands and flows through your field back to the universe.
- Feel the change and open your eyes if it feels right for you.
Meditation: Open, strengthen and heal the throat chakra
Duration: about 5 to 10 minutes
This meditation works with the earth energies. This is especially useful at the beginning, to achieve a powerful but also organic and gentle opening of the chakras and not to lift too much. But it is also possible to simply take energy from the cosmos through your field if that feels more natural to you.
If you feel safe with this meditation and your own energy, you can work with the 8th chakra and the peak chakra instead of the earth and breathe the energy from there into your chakras (see: Chakra Compensation). If you enjoy working with visualizations, for example, you can imagine a sun over your head.
Preparation of meditation
Head to a calm, soothing place in the lotus flower or cross-legged position, place your hands palm-down on your knees and exhale and inhale three times. Be sure to take a straight posture.
Focus on the throat chakra
- Imagine how long roots grow into the soil, how to connect to the earth. Feel the power and the support that flows from this connection to you
- Keep this idea within you until a deep sense of rootedness and stamina expands within you.
- Take a deep breath for a while and rest your attention in your throat chakra
- Become aware that the whole universe is made of light, so are you
Breathing into the throat chakra
- As you inhale, you draw white, pure light through the root chakra through the sacral chakra, solar plexus macaque, and heart chakra to your throat chakra. If you like, imagine the light changing from deep red in your root chakra to blue as it reaches your throat chakra.
- As you exhale, this light flows back to your entire field and your lower chakras back to the universe
- Feel how the lower chakras fill with light, passing it on to the next chakra until it eventually expands into a blue ball of light in your throat chakra.
- Feel how your throat chakra continues to expand.
Completing the meditation
- If you feel that the maximum extent has been reached, finish your meditation
- Put your hands on your chest, feel your energy and thank the universe.
- If you want to do more Chakra work then you can now go to the Head Chakra meditation and skip the next point.
- Open your eyes at a comfortable pace and slowly become aware of your surroundings.
Half-throat meditation with mudra, mantra and singing bowls
- For this meditation use the Mudra for the throat chakra. Fold your hands with thumbs pointing upwards (see picture).
- Pay attention to the seat of your throat chakra. Take a deep breath and start humming the sound of HAM with the exhalation. Repeat this 15-20 times and make sure that you breathe through your mouth and through your throat.
- Singing Bowl: The accompanying listening to a swinging singing bowl especially for the throat chakra, of course, best in real, but also as mp3, is a great support for the meditation.